Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dance Fashion: Trash Bags???

          Hello readers! Today we're going to talk about a recurring fashion trend seen among dancers. Trash bag shorts/pants! Okay, so their not exactly made out of trash bags. Their made out of ripstop nylon. This fabric is supposed to keep the sweat off of you. That's why they tend to be so popular.
       So I was thinking the other day, why not make my own? Out of a legit trash bag? And I did! I'll tell you how to make them too! It'll require a little math though. For those of you like me who can't stand math, it's time for a little help from Mr. Calculator.








             Alright, now that he's here to help, we're gonna make our shorts! I used a black garbage bag. First I cut it in half. Then with a tape measure I measured my hips around. Then with some help from Mister Calculator, I divided that number by two. Adding about two inches to that measurement, I cut one of the halves to be that length.
       I used this really cool device to seal up my shorts. But if you don't have one of those, You can use tape. Duck tape will probably work best. Then On the bottom I cut two diagonals for leg holes. Leaving a little space between them.
      Presto! You have a pair of trash bag shorts! Here's me wearing mine:



               I'll post a link to actual trash bag shorts on the facebook page. Just look up 'Ballet and Bento' in your facebook search browser, click the search button, (it probably won't come up as being suggested,) and click the page!
          Also, my friend just started a blog! It's really cool so check it out! Her blog is Clover Kiss. The website is clover-kiss.blogspot.com. So once you've read this, go read hers! :)

Courtney ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment