Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dead Pointe Shoes

           Hello readers! Today, we're going to talk about dead pointe shoes. (When we dancers say "dead", it means their too soft to wear.)
       It's best when they die forward, because then your feet look really good without much effort. But when you use your feet, (like you're supposed to,) it can look kinda gross, like, "look at my feet their so bendable I can put my toes on my heel" gross.  Plus, as a lovely added "bonus", theres the danger of going over your shoe too far and falling off of pointe!
       And then theres the awfulness of when your shoe dies backwards. Can't get over the box because it pulls you back off of pointe. This is pretty bad. Unfortunatly, most of the time in the past, my shoes have died backwards. My latest ones have gone forward though which is good :)
      And then if the box goes, then you can feel the floor with your toes, more than usual. Sometimes you just feel it, at other times, it just plain hurts. (I can't stand it when that happens and don't know of anyone who doesn't.)
      Then theres the awkward "one shoe backwards one shoe forwards". It just looks and feels kind of weird.
      All in all, I think dead pointe shoes are just generally good to avoid. And of course theres jet glue to help make them last until your new pointe shoes come in, (Or you sew the new ones you have ;) 
     Wow, I just had an interesting rant on dead pointe shoes. I think I need some more sleep ^_^

Courtney
     

No comments:

Post a Comment